Sweet Potato Lasagne ... Mmmmmm
By Dawn Thalheimer
There’s nothing quite like the smell of a delicious, hot, bubbling lasagna baking in the oven. Now how about replacing those refined white flour noodles with some delicious sweet potato? This complex carb is full of vitamins C, D, and B6 and will give you lots of energy to fuel your workout. Combine that with some fresh tomato sauce, low-fat cheeses and sautéed veggies and you’ve got a complete meal to warm up your day.
400g sweet potato (about 1/3 a medium sized) – thinly sliced
200g part skim ricotta
100g part skim mozzarella - shredded
100g light cream cheese
½ tsp garlic powder
½ a small red onion – diced
450g (1lb) lean ground turkey
1 red pepper – diced
6 mushrooms – diced
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
500 ml tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375˚
- Mix cheeses together with garlic powder and set aside.
- On medium heat, sauté onions for about a minute then add turkey, peppers, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
- Once meat is cooked, remove from stove and add tomato sauce.
- In a 9x12 pan layer ½ sliced sweet potato, ½ meat sauce, ½ cheese mixture and repeat.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Makes 6 servings. Per serving:
Calories: 332, Protein: 27.1g, Carbs 25.2g, Sugar: 11.1g, Fat 14.7g