Re-Vamped Potato Salad
by Dawn Thalheimer
Well the weather is definitely heating up and patio furniture is being dusted off. Friends and family are getting together and we’re heading in to BBQ season. So what to bring to your next picnic that won’t compromise all the hard work you’ve put in at TWP this week? Give this revamped potato salad a try! With added veggies for crunch and a lighter dressing it’s a guilt-free way to enjoy a traditional favourite.
2 lbs red potatoes
3 hard-boiled eggs
3 celery stalks
1 red pepper
¼ head cauliflower
1 cup low fat Greek yogurt
½ cup light mayo
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp mustard powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp dill
- Cut the potatoes in to bite sized pieces, place in a large pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Finely chop celery, red pepper, and cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, mustard, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Dice the eggs and add to the veggies along with the cooled potatoes.
- Cover with the dressing and mix gently to coat.
Makes 10, 1 cup servings. Per serving:
Calories: 139, Protein: 5.9g, Carbs: 18g, Sugar: 2.5g, Fat 5.3g