Liver Cleansing Coleslaw Recipe
Adapted & revised from www.alive.com and vega.com by Krista Goncalves, BSc., CHN, RNC
Red cabbage adds gorgeous colour and beneficial plant pigments that help fight disease. The fermented yogurt kefir is a healthier, no-mayo swap for the dressing.
What You Need
- 2 cups each red & green cabbage
- 3 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 organic apple, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbs raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup organic kefir
- 2 Tb unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp spicy mustard
- 1/3 – 1 Tb unpasteurized honey
Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar. In a large bowl, combine red and green cabbage, raisins, grated apple, and carrots. Pour dressing over vegetables and mix thoroughly. Garnish with green onions and seeds if desired.