Grab ‘N’ Go Breakfast Cookies
By Dawn Thalheimer
There are many mornings where I get up just in time to get dressed before I’m out the door to TWP. We all know it’s important to fuel up before a workout so it’s a good idea to have plenty of “grab and go” breakfast options – and it just makes sense for them to be homemade. That way you know exactly what’s in them and you’re staying away from expensive, processed foods.
Next time you’re in the kitchen, mix up a batch of these tasty breakfast cookies inspired by Eat-Clean chef Tosca Reno.
- 1½ cups oat flour (just grind up rolled oats in a food processor)
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 chopped dates
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400˚
- Mix together oat flour, oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in chopped dates and raisins.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, applesauce and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and drop batter into 18 large “cookies”.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
Makes 18 cookies.
Nutrition - Per serving: Calories: 160, Protein: 4.3g, Carbs: 18.4g, Sugar: 6g, Fat 8.4g